A couple of weeks ago an exhibition was held where I study, all kinds of work was accepted so long as it fit the theme of A Fine Balance. A very broad idea.
I'd wanted to enter since I heard about it months ago but I left it until the day before to get something done. I spent a couple of hours thinking about it, and after some more literal ideas, I decided to do something that I cared about. A photo exploring two sides of pride.
Here it is hanging on the wall, sorry about the quality of my photo, I left the ISO on my camera too low. I'll post the actual image shortly.
I'll leave the visual elements that describe a fine balance up to you to find, but I'll go into a bit of detail on the idea behind this photo.
The main idea is the fine balance between being proud of who you are, while at the same time wanting to hide that self sometimes. This is something I struggle with often. I do like who I am, but sometimes it's easier to edit out parts of yourself for some people, to save hassle.
I got my friend Kyle to help me take this photo, I didn't tell him what I was doing and that in itself is a good example of hiding myself.
This has been thought provoking, Keep Stylish.

No comments:
Post a Comment