A couple of months back I was internet-less for a month and was going out of my mind. At some point I decided to try my hand at oil painting after watching a program on c31, I belive it's called something along the lines of Masterclass in Oils. It's a lot of fun, check it out!
This was my first painting, on one of the programs the host had said that a lot of artists will tell you never to use black in a painting as it creates the illusion of a hole in the piece. And he said that was utter rubbish, and went on to make a beautiful image mostly out of black. So I wanted to give it a shot and this is the end result.
The second one, I wanted to make a more generic piece that used some of the techniques that I've seen on the show. I was thinking about the ocean at the time, so I started with the water and went out from there.
This has been messy, Keep Stylish.


No comments:
Post a Comment